EVEN SO, COME, LORD JESUS
“He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
“Even so” according "to the world" means: nevertheless, in spite of, howbeit,however, yet, etc.
But the "biblical definition" of “even so” according to Strong's, it means: a primary particle of strong affirmation; yes; surely, truth, verily, yea, yes!
So John was not writing, "nevertheless, come, Lord Jesus" - John was saying: "Yes, come, Lord Jesus" or "Verily, come Lord Jesus!" What a difference knowing the real meaning makes!
Here are some of the other verses where “even so” was used. How much richer these verses are knowing the real meaning!
- Matthew 18:14 “Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.”
- Luke 17:28-30 “Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.”
- 1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
- Revelation 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, amen.
- Revelation 16:7 And I heard another from the altar saying, "Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are Your judgments."
- Revelation 22:20-21 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.